Recipe :: Corn (and Crab) Chowder
This recipe can be made with or without the crab meat, and it’s just as delicious either way. But I recommend with, with a capital W. It is the perfect cold weather food. Comforting, yet spicy. Warm and filling.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion (white or yellow or purple)
- 2 chopped green onion stalks
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel yellow corn
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp dried or fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp dried or fresh dill
- 2tsp – 1tbsp Tony Chachere’s (or cayenne pepper) depending on your spice requirements
- 2.5 cups half-and-half
- Optional add-in: 15 oz canned or fresh crabmeat
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions and celery in hot butter, stirring continually under tender (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add water, corn, potatoes, bouillon cubes, and all herbs and mix well.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in half-and-half and crabmeat (if using), as well as spices.
- Cook until heated through, 5-10 minutes. Serve hot. It is awesome.